The Cross-Check was the third frame we ever offered. There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but the Cross-Check does a good job of most things people use bikes for. It?s a cyclocross bike by design but that?s not how most people use it. It does as good a job getting you across the country as it does getting you across town. It?s at home on the road and on trails, on gravel, and just about whatever else you might run into. It?ll take pretty big tires, or smaller ones if you like. It can be built as a geared bike, a singlespeed or a fixed-gear. The frame is designed to supply a comfortable but lively ride. The tubing is CroMoly steel, high quality drawn tubing built to our specifications. It?s built to work with components of popular sizes, meaning you can find options in tons of new and old parts. It will accommodate a wide range of crank types and chainring sizes. It?s got accommodations for racks and fenders front and rear. Because it takes those big tires, so you can outfit it to suit where and how you?ll use it.
- Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted.
- TIG-welded Rear Dropouts
- Semi-horizontal dropouts give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability.
- Adjuster screws are included to keep your wheel in the right place for optimal shifting if you go with derailleurs.
- Our Gnot-rite spacing (132.5mm) allows you to run 130mm road hubs and 135mm MTB hubs
- Brake Compatibility Cantilever brake studs front and rear
- Braze-ons/extras Bosses front and rear to take cantilever or linear-pull brakes
- eyelets at the dropouts, rear rack bosses, dual water bottle mounts,
- downtube shifter bosses
- fully threaded through-blade fork
- eyelets for a front rack
- Seatpost diameter 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset/Steertube 1-1/8? threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell 68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37? x 24t
- Chainring Clearance Manipulated stays so you can fit the size rings you want.
- Go nuts Tire Clearance Fatties Fit Fine (FFF) stays and our beautiful slope-crowned custom fork provide room for tires up to 700c x 42mm, or about 700c x 40mm with fenders.
- Largest possible tire size depends on tire, rims, axle location in the dropouts, and other factors, but still, you can run pretty damn big tires
- Fork 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed.
- Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Color Dream Tangerine and Gloss Black
|Seat Tube Length
|Top Tube Length
|Effective Top Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.0||74.5||74.0||73.5||73.0||72.5||72.5||72.0||72.0||72.0|
|Head Tube Length||91.0||91.0||91.0||91.0||102.0||121.0||141.0||160.0||180.0||200.0|