Steel Commuter Bike That Can Do it All There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but Cross-Check comes pretty damn close. It's a dyed-in-the-wool commuter and utility rig. It was a "gravel crusher" long before "gravel bikes" existed. Some people have even raced cyclocross on it. Though, we don't necessarily condone that behavior. Cross-Check was the first complete bike we ever offered. Since then, people have modified them hundreds of different ways to suit their riding styles and preferences. There’s a reason that nearly every person who has ever worked for Surly has owned one.
- Semi-horizontal dropouts for singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability
- Gnot-Rite dropout spacing allows installation of 130 and 135mm hubs
- Accommodations for front and rear racks and fenders
- Clearance for 700c x 42mm tires with or without fenders
- Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted.
- Semi-horizontal dropouts give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability.
- Adjuster screws are included to keep your wheel in the right place for optimal shifting if you go with derailleurs.
- Our Gnot-rite spacing (132.5mm) allows you to run 130mm road hubs and 135mm MTB hubs
- Brake Compatibility Cantilever brake studs front and rear
- Braze-ons/extras Bosses front and rear to take cantilever or linear-pull brakes
- eyelets at the dropouts, rear rack bosses, dual water bottle mounts,
- downtube shifter bosses
- fully threaded through-blade fork
- eyelets for a front rack
- Seatpost diameter 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset/Steertube 1-1/8 threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell 68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37? x 24t
- Chainring Clearance Manipulated stays so you can fit the size rings you want.
- Go nuts Tire Clearance Fatties Fit Fine (FFF) stays and our beautiful slope-crowned custom fork provide room for tires up to 700c x 42mm
- Largest possible tire size depends on tire, rims, axle location in the dropouts, and other factors, but still, you can run pretty damn big tires
- Fork 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed.
- Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Color Gloss Black